Fungi Perfecti is the company founded by mycologist Paul Stamets. His name should be familiar to those of you who have been taking New Chapter’s mushroom line Lifeshield, or perhaps you have read one of his six popular books. In 2009, Paul Stamets left New Chapter and is now marketing all of his mushroom formulations through his company Fungi Perfecti. The whole supplement line is called Host Defense.
Here are brief descriptions of the most popular products, which can be found at: http://www.hilifehealthcare.com/Fungi-Perfecti-s/2115.htm
Single mushroom capsules
- Turkey Tail: well documented in medical research, supports the immune system and has unique polysaccharides
- Chaga: has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Lion’s Mane: a favorite has been the subject of recent studies on nerve regeneration, supports the brain and nervous system
- Reishi: this well-known tonic has been called the “mushroom of immortality” for millennia
- Maitake: supports normal cell growth and is rich in beta-D glucans
- Cordyceps: increases oxygen uptake and enhances physical (including sexual) performance
- Agarikon: exceedingly rare, this one is known as the “elixir of long life”
- CordyChi: Cordyceps and Reishi combined to support energy and oxygen uptake
- Stamets 7: Paul’s tonic blend of seven species (Royal Sun Blazei, Cordyceps, Reishi, Maitake, Lion’s Mane, Chaga and Mesima) to support general immunity
- MyCommunity: Paul’s most comprehensive immunity formula contains 17 species of mushrooms and was once called Host Defense.